Here are the directions from Whitefish Montana to Stryker (This is the default climbing area during the warmer summer months).
- Head north on Hwy 93 toward the town of Stryker Montana.
- Watch for mile marker 158, then cross the Stillwater River.
- (If you pass a yellow flashing light or the town of Stryker you went a little too far).
- Make an almost immediate right turn onto a two-lane dirt road.
- This is Forest Service Road 900 to Marston Mountain Lookout.
- Travel exactly 0.9 miles and park on the right.
Drive time from Whitefish – Approximately 35 minutes**
Here are the directions from Whitefish Montana to To Stone Hill/Lake Koocanusa (This is an optional location for full-day outings)..**
- Head north on Hwy 93 toward the town of Eureka Montana (52 miles).
- When you reach the north end of the town of Eureka, make a left onto MT Hwy 37.
- Travel exactly 15.5 miles. From there you can see mile marker 51.
- Park on the right at the pullout or on gravel (but not on shoulder).
Drive time from Whitefish – Approximately 75 minutes**
Here are the directions from Whitefish Montana to To Kila Crags (This is the default climbing area during the cooler spring and fall months).**
- Head south on Hwy 93 to the town of Kalispell Montana.
- Make a right turn when you reach Hwy 2 West. (Walgreens on the corner).
- Follow Hwy 2 West (in the direction of Libby Montana) for about 15 miles (15 minutes).
- Watch for mile marker 110. Then continue for another half mile.
- Turn right at the white mailbox onto a dirt road. This is Jackson Meadows Road.
- Go about 20 yards through a barb wire fence and then another 10 yards to a fork in the road.
- Take this first left fork up a steep rocky one-lane dirt road. (Do not take the “Private Road”).
- The road levels out quickly. Travel straight another ¾ of a mile west (paralleling Highway 2).
- Park on the grassy pull-out on the right.
Drive time from Whitefish – Approximately 45 minutes.